Sunday, July 10, 2011

Twin Falls!


Greetings from a scenic country estate in Twin Falls, Idaho (Yes! I'm still in Idaho!), where I've yet to discover who killed Laura Palmer, but where I have discovered that the transient life is a pretty sweet deal, at least when you're hosted by the lovely Ferlic family, whose kindness and generosity are truly humbling. Exhibit A: this is their second consecutive night of enduring my company, and they're still being nice to me! And they fed me amazing food, including cheese enchiladas, and cinnamon rolls, and homegrown organic radishes, and, and, and....And they are also hosting Spartacus and Meep, even though they already have a cat, and a dog! And they are letting me do my laundry here! And they let me borrow a purple nightgown with sheeps on it while I do said laundry! And! Well, you get the idea. The Ferlics are nice people. And I will have to find a way to pay all of this forward.

Highlights of the visit include:

* Riding a horse for the first time in about twenty-two years.

* Getting to feed the horses, and perfect my hay-pitching technique, even though it meant hitting the horses with the hay throughout the learning curve!

* An ingenious golfing joke by Brendan involving club sandwiches.

* A menagerie, including Tess and Ellie the dogs, Tinkerbell the cat, Cocoa and Joe the horses, Boo the barn cat, and of course, Spartacus and Meep.

* Sitting on the veranda and staring at the summer sky.

* The most amazing nightlight ever--chameleonic neon! And glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling of Erin's former bedroom!

And now, look! This blog is going multimedia! Check out Brendan's day-glow aura!








No comments:

Post a Comment