Monday, July 25, 2011

The day-to-day of it (and it's all in the day-to-day).

Today I got too caught up in trying to iron out the sundry details that come with moving; and we all know where the devil is. So here, in writing, is a reminder to breathe, stay focused, and not careen into catastrophe mode. After all, we all know when Rome wasn't built. Not everything has to be resolved right this minute. For better or worse, this is my life for the next year: I can choose to live in a gilt-caged hell, or I can make the best of it. I have business to attend to here, things to do.

It occurs to me that this is going to be rather a sedentary travel blog from here on out, but I do intend to approach Austin (and Texas!) in the spirit of a traveler, and I do hope to make some other journeys soon. Meanwhile lingering doubts about the wisdom of this choice and whether I'm doing anyone any favors here (the mooshies are still spending the bulk of the day burrowed in various unlikely places, but then it is only day three) persist. By the same token, I realize that if I weren't sitting in 106-degree weather wondering what the hell I am doing in Austin, Texas, and whether there is any place for me in the world, I'd be doing it (minus the 106 degrees part, but every realm has its meteorological drawbacks) in Busan or Madrid. Faith isn't something that comes naturally to me by a long shot, but for lack of a better word, faith is what I am trying to have right now.

And that's enough handwringing! The primary thrust of this blog from here on out will be to chronicle Austin and Texas adventures, and of course all intervening adventures elsewhere. This is to be embarked on in the spirit of exploration and discovery! To this end, I have solemnly resolved to engage in one touristy daytime activity and one night-lifey activity per week. This should get the heck-I-live-in-Texas-so-I-might-as-well-LIVE-in-Texas ball rolling without breaking the bank. Provided, of course I can ever find anything, EVER, EVER, OH PLEASE.

One distant day (you might know it as August 5) I will have internet at home again, and the ability to supplement this blog with pictures again. Until such time the written word shall have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment