Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chimayo, Day One!

I'm here, I'm gonna farm, get used to it!

I made it into Chimayo today--thankfully without incident, unlike yesterday--and managed to detect some authentic New Mexican auras with my Shutter Island camera, which I may have to wait to upload on account that my internet access at the moment is slooow.

In other news: Chimayo and the farm are gorgeous, I bought the most amazing homemade tortillas (and fresh guacamole that will have you breathing fire!) I have ever eaten at a local grocer today, along with my first Jarritos soda (grapefruit, and it was amazing), had some good conversations with fellow WWOOFers, and traumatized my poor mooshies by uprooting them yet again. Every day they don't hate me is a shock at this point.

I start my first work day on the farm tomorrow at seven a.m. Egads. There has been much talk of endless weeding.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment