Thursday, September 15, 2011

Writerly shindigs!

I went to one here last night and had a grand old time. I was definitely flying blind in my decision to move to Austin, and feel immensely fortunate to have discovered such a writing scene and community of writers here. Whether this will translate into my ever actually being a working writer is another matter altogether, but it is nice to have places to venture to from one's writerly cave and have good conversations (and a wee bit o' vodka), and be inspired by those among us who actually are making a professional go of the writing biz. Having tried to pull off the Hi-I-Am-Cormac-McCarthy-And-I-Do-Not-Socialize-With-Writers-Or-Go-To-These-Sorts-Of-Things bit and failed (I'm just not that cool or badass or hardcore, or whatever applies), I'm having more fun as a frivolous gadfly flitting about town.

Yee haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment