Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday sundries.

I write this in a freshly post-nap haze, the sort that makes life feel long, sunbaked, and surreal, and I can't help but marvel at the preternatural quietude of this apartment complex at this precise moment, as if I slept through a nuclear disaster and awoke the sole survivor. Me and the roaches.

About them: well, I haven't seen any new ones since Wednesday. Here's hoping that hyper-vigilance is paying off. I still have one trapped beneath the dome of a bright red bowl by my bed and it pains me to think that I am too craven to quickly send it to is great reward and therefore it is imprisoned and slowly dehydrating, but unfortunately I really don't have it in me to deal with it. And what would I do anyway? I don't want to use Raid on the carpet, and supposedly cockroaches quickly adapt to it so it's not a great idea to use it regularly anyway. Crushing it would leave a disgusting mess. And taking it outside doesn't seem like a great idea either, as how long would it be before it ended up back in here or in another apartment? And thus I wait for Pest Control Tuesday, for my hands to be washed of this whole disagreeable situation, and rather dislike myself for how I'm (not) handling it. Bright red beacon of my cowardice and the suffering it has wrought! Be gone!

See, this is why I normally try not to take naps. It always seems to do a number on my state of mind. But this whole bug situation hasn't done the insomnia situation any favors, what with roaches being nocturnal and all. Tonight I will try to be braver and sleep with the lights off (in the bedroom, at least). Not looking forward to this month's utility bill.

In other news:

My Bachelor's degree arrived in the mail today. And thus an uphill battle of nearly thirteen years is won. I'm not going to lie: I nearly cried. Which doesn't mean there's a snow ball's chance in hell that I'm going to pay $140 for a fancy framed copy, as the enclosed brochure from a Utah-based framing company offered.

All I will say about today's yoga soundtrack is: if I wanted to go to Lilith fair, man, I would. But it's yoga, right, so what do I expect. And as the very nice instructor said, you will never find quiet outside yourself. True that! Particularly when you can practically smell the patchouli and herbal tea wafting from the loudspeaker...

I went to this last night. It was, at times, brilliant. I especially enjoyed the recasting of Ally Sheedy's character (Allison!). Whoever of the trio did her voiceovers basically made her sound like she was straight from the most depraved episode of Teen Girl Squad (a great favorite of mine) ever. Ever.

And, oh, what else? I am going to try not to be a loser, which means I will try to go meet Austin head-on in one way or another tonight, even though Not Moving Ever Again sounds pretty appealing right now. Maybe I will return to the Broken Spoke, even though I went last Saturday. Maybe I will get ready to look.....

Sooooooo Goooood!

Speaking of which:






No comments:

Post a Comment