Friday, September 23, 2011

Cooking up new schemes.

Today I lost a column contest, folks, which is actually good news because it is the green light to proceed with that which I was gingerly waiting for news of its acceptance or rejection elsewhere to proceed with.

You see, while I am having a mighty fine time doing this personal blog, and will continue to attempt to pull sparkly lint from my navel and turn it into sparkly navel lint scarves (and awkward metaphors), I have been feeling the desire of late to do something more project-based. With any luck, I should have something to that end up and running sometime this weekend.

In other news, heading into the library today I passed a woman seated on a bench outside who wished out loud that there was a salad bar nearby.

"That would be nice," I said obligingly, even though I have no truck with salads.

I realized shortly thereafter that she was on one of those hands-free headset phones (or whatever you dreadful sort who fiddle with such things call them). It's so hard to tell these days! 

Also, also, last night marked another Texas milestone because it was the first time I traipsed about in the night air lamenting a little bit that I hadn't brought a cardigan.

I guess fall has to get here sooner or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment