Monday, August 22, 2011

Tacos, trailers, and Meep in a Box TM!

Last night I went here, where my ambition to eat a fried avocado taco was thwarted by the absence of avocados on hand. Outrage! The tostada I had instead was surprisingly tasty, considering what a simple concoction it was (of course it's often the simplest foods that are the best), although a bit dearly priced for the amount of food it entailed. To be fair, however, I do hail from the land of the Mission Burrito, so perhaps my expectations are skewed. What I learned from this expedition: the word "foodgasm" should be outlawed. You don't even want to know what I think the penalties should be.

In other news, while Austin does seem like a pretty laid back city, this does not apply to the vehicular stylings of its citizenry. But then I've never lived anywhere in the U.S. where the vehicular stylings of the citizenry didn't make me want to put sterilizers in the drinking water. That said, it is disheartening to be caught in heinously clogged traffic due to a fatality on MoPac and watch people pull stunts like crossing solid lines to cut off other cars in the interest of gaining a yard. Oh, humanity, that's quite a learning curve you have there. 

On a brighter note, here is today's Meep in a Box TM and some tortured attempts at photo-documenting last night, courtesy of Shutter Island: 





Be not fooled by the encroaching dusk: it was still sweltering outside.

Lights, lights, everywhere!




This place sells cake balls, which are basically exactly what they sound like--served on popsicle sticks!

This cow makes the cake balls!

It was a lot of the color orange in one place--this seemed to scream "photographic composition!" Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment