Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Allison in brief.

Let's see: a jaunt downtown, a visit to the Writer's League of Texas office (where I found plenty of writers' business cards, but alas no markets or job prospects, I guess there's a reason not many people make a living at this), a "Monster" burrito, a corresponding outburst of monster sound effects on my part and subsequent "Coolest Customer of the Day" accolade, a threat to make the news, quiet despair, noisy futility, et al., et al.

Attempts thus far at responsible adulthood (i.e. employment) are yielding no returns. If this trend continues unabated I will most likely say "flip it" (this is, after all, a family blog) and hit the road (cat-free this time!) for some other stateside adventures this fall. After all, you can beg and plead with the albatross to wrap itself around your neck, but if the albatross says "Uh, sorry, it's not you, it's me," what is there to do but run, run, run, even if this feels like digging your own financial grave? Of course, at the moment it's arguable that the credit for this belongs to ye olde economy. Which is to say, there may be some other adventures in the works soon, especially now that I have a home base where I can safely stow the kitties. We shall see....

Meanwhile, remember when I went to this really cool place??? The photo-documentation NEVER ENDS!!!

MORE El Santuario--this chapel (that's what they're called, right?) was devoted to children...

No comments:

Post a Comment