Saturday, August 20, 2011

Fortifying the economy (aka rampant consumerism)....

Well, the whole AT & T internet debacle ended up paying rather handsomely in the form of a hundred dollar American Express gift card, which meant a trip to Tar-jay, which means that from this point on I no longer have to drink coffee from a measuring cup and try to slice butter with sporks. Life is good. I also bought yoga supplies (shut up--it's hot here, all right, and I can't just be sedentary for months on end, can I?).

In other news, all I want to do on Friday nights is stay home, make risotto, and listen to DJ Amy's program, which runs from 6 to 8 pm. Central Time. I even won a free t-shirt!

And now, without further ado, here is today's installment of Meep in a Box TM, plus some "arty" Friday night risotto shots for good measure:



Olive oil, garlic, onion...

Now the rice has crashed the party!

Portrait of the risotto as a young rice dish....


Note the classy addition of frozen peas and carrots!

It's not my fault that risotto calls for wine....



No comments:

Post a Comment