Saturday, August 27, 2011

Risotto, MIAB TM, and honky tonkin'.

So I went to yoga today and even though it made me feel like the poster girl for "Stuff White People Like" I bought eight more classes, because if anyone needs to get Zenner, man, it's me. I am pleased to report that I successfully refrained from asking the instructor to teach us the crab walk from The Exorcist, as I suspect that this is not a legitimate asana pose.

In other news, last night's Friday Night Risotto was unusually seasonally appropriate, replete with corn and summer tomatoes, to surprisingly lackluster effect--perhaps because I was not using stellar produce. I am in fact rarely using stellar produce, which is why I maintain that my dearly beloved frozen pea and carrot mix works just as well if not better. Of course all was dutifully photo-documented:

Pretty on the outside, bland on the inside.

The allium family represents!

Look! I totally didn't cheat with frozen corn! (Not that it really mattered in the end.)


Herein the shucked corn cobs are artfully repurposed to flavor hot water with their corniness; this will serve as the broth to be added to the rice.


Look at this bowl! It's lousy with summer!

Everyone knows this is the best part about making risotto.

With adding indecent scads of cheese coming in a close second...I use sharp cheddar because I have never cottoned to the mustiness of Parmesan. King of Cheeses, my left foot. All strident assertions to the contrary. Then again, I only buy the cheap stuff.

Basically, I like to eat baby food with pretenses of sophistication.

Plated!

And now we have a very special edition of Meep in a Box TM for those among the readership who have expressed concern that our little lady never actually gets to leave the box:

Meep Outside the Box!

Tonight I am going to embark on a Finding the Broken Spoke rematch, which, as luck would have it, is also a Seeing Dale Watson rematch, as this has become my Texan white whale. Yee haw! 

No comments:

Post a Comment