Wednesday, August 24, 2011

DMVmonic.

Okay, so that was an awkward play on words, but bear with me, please. As of today I surrendered the last vestige of my Idaho residency and acquired a Texas driver's license, with the cautionary restriction that corrective lenses must accompany me in the driving task (thanks, Father Time!). Frankly, given that "I can't see that" was my constant refrain throughout the vision test (even when wearing my snappy Walgreens reading glasses)--which I will go out on a limb and assume was not the right answer--I'm surprised they didn't impound my vehicle. Be thankful for small mercies and all of that. I probably spent at least three hours waiting, which would have been vexing, were I not presently in the thrall of Jennifer Egan's The Keep, which I am finding to be a real page turner. So much so that I'm not even sure how long I spent waiting at the DMV!

And now it's time for our headliner to take the stage:

As you can see, her devout fans prostrate themselves before her...

Speaking of whom, it has come to my attention that a certain Sparty has had enough of Meep hogging all of the limelight, so here is a candid shot of him doing what he does best:


One of these days I will go somewhere again, and document it, at which point this blog will resume some semblance of thematic appropriateness....Until then, KITTIES!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment