Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Yoga Foul Chronicles: It Continues

As a matter of fact, I managed to get through the hour and fifteen minutes of Deep Relaxation without committing any, although that unfortunate laughing tic did threaten to rear its head once or twice. And using an eye pillow produced a deeply unsettling sensation of being buried alive, but I managed to maintain.

As it happened, I felt so relaxed after Deep Relaxation that I left my library book in the bathroom. I realized this, of course, when I was practically home.

An hour and fifteen minutes of Deep Relaxation out the flipping window!

Fortunately I got there in the nick of time; the doors were locked, but I managed to nab someone.

“This is why I don’t trust relaxation,” I told the nice lady at the desk. “This is what it does to you.”

They had propped up my book and made it part of the front desk display, which was pretty hysterical, since I’m reading Melissa Marr’s Graveminder. So, there among the bright flowers and flyers advertising various inroads to the arrowroot chakra, or whatever the chakras are, was my book with its creepy haunted house cover containing the quote “Sleep well, and stay where I put you.”

Who says yogis don’t have a sense of humor?

No comments:

Post a Comment