Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rainy Sundays and SEO challenges.

A sorely needed (for central Texas and for me) rainy Sunday. And an experiment! Operating on the theory that writing-for-SEO-savvy is a crucial feather in the cap (or perhaps the cap itself) for any writer who would be a working writer these days, I’m going to try my hand at it, based on those search terms that have been the most frequent draws to this blog. Can this be done without sacrificing quality? Let’s see!

Yesterday I was reading a story by Brian Allen Carr while thinking there’s nothing in the blogosphere like http://schadenfreudiananalysis.blogspot.com/. I began to wonder whether I should learn how to install Google Analytics on tumblr or eat a Frito pie. Or maybe, I thought, I should venture into a nighttime garden in Austin to one of those tacos trailers. This is what I ended up doing, but when I brought my tacos home, the dead roach on my kitchen floor killed my appetite.

So, there’s the answer, folks! Clearly no sacrifice in quality there! And if you can correctly guess all eight of the search terms appearing in the paragraph above, I will send you something—I don’t know what, but it will be something, and I will send it. I promise!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmn, it's impossible to resist a challenge like this one. Here are my guesses:

    - Brian Allen Carr
    - schadenfreudianalysis.blogspot
    - install Google Analytics on tumblr
    - Frito pie
    - nightime garden in Austin
    - taco trailers
    - dead roach
    - my

    If I win, I don't want anything from you. Rather, I offer to give you all of the dead roaches from my kitchen floor. Death loves company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you do win a.) by default, as you are the sole respondent and b.) by virtue of the fact that only one search term eluded you (blogosphere like). Well-played!

    The dead roaches on my kitchen floor thank you for you for your kind offer of further dead roaches; they look forward to wallowing with their fallen brethren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. I'll have their live comrades skitter the corpses to you as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete