Sunday, December 4, 2011

Things of note.

Rainy Sunday, purple Christmas lights, pinpricks of light through tin stars, chicory coffee, sleeping cats, comfy pants and a ridiculous gray shirt with a pink stereo emblazoned across it, words falling out of fingertips, the familiar pain of a throbbing headache, the whooshing of cars on a wet street, baseless (or not) optimism, the thuds, slams, and screams of neighbors (“It’s NOT cold out!”), good books, the promise of so many discoveries as yet unmade in this city, time flying with leaden wings, and incremental progress.

Word count: 27,355

4 comments:

  1. brilliant, old sport. Except for the neighbor part. The streets were wet here, today, too! Maybe AK and TX are actually the same place....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, old chap! We really must look into whether this whole Wrangellian plate business also applies to Texas. Maybe our respective states are destined to always be synced up?

    Also—did you just start a new blog???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas, no blog for me.

    Your fancy blog technology has me logged in through my google account, or something like that, if the name and symbol are throwing you. It's probably stealing all of my personal contacts and chowing down on my bank statements as we speak. Lately, I've been getting the feeling that my computer knows me better than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, you should start a blog about that!

    ReplyDelete