Friday, December 2, 2011

Mirages.

It’s a gorgeous rainy morning of the sort that makes my soul glad, and I’m thinking of the way sunlight dies between oak trees in the late afternoon, and the red and blue walls of this delightful place, where I met Carolyn for coffee yesterday after originally steering her to this evidently now-nonexistent venue, about which she was quite gracious, especially considering that I was ten minutes late and therefore not present to swear that it was indeed once an actual café adjoining a Shell station.

While it’s a shame, it seems fitting that Tuscany@360 appeared on my horizon and then vanished just as quickly. I like the idea of it as a mirage: a mysterious one-time oasis that serves its purpose when needed and then disappears to another plane, where another soul in search of respite discovers it.

Plus, this seems to fit beautifully within the whole “Keep Austin weird” theme.

Meanwhile, I’ll be looking forward to another cinnamon-flecked mocha at Uno (where they also do mean latte art), as well as drinking their wine, and losing myself in their red and blue walls, which palpitate with deep, rich, glorious color.

No comments:

Post a Comment